ABU DHABI FESTIVAL UNPRODUCED SCREENPLAY COMPETITION
As the foundational component of a film, the screenplay is a genre unto itself. Al Ain Film Festival supports the screenwriting that allows film in the UAE to tell thought-provoking, challenging and beautiful stories.
A jury of UAE film industry experts will choose three unproduced short film screenplays to each be awarded a prize of AED 20,000 toward the production of their screenplay.
Submissions are open now through 30 May, 2021.
Winners will be announced in June of 2021 on TBA.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The scriptwriter must be an Emirati national.
- The screenplay must be original and written exclusively for the cinema, or be inspired by or based on a published literary work.
- The script must be fictional, not documentary.
- The applicant must be no more than 35 years old.
- The submitted screenplay must be unimplemented until the award winner is announced.
- The screenplay is to be produced in 2021, so that its world premiere will take place at the 4th Edition of Al Ain Film Festival in January 2022.
- The owner of the intellectual property rights of the screenplay must be the scriptwriter, or a group of scriptwriters, who are free from copyright violation to any party.
- Screenplays are accepted in Arabic or the local Emirati dialect.
- The submitted screenplay must be no more than 30 minutes long.
- The screenplay must use formal screenplay structure and scene headings (day / night), (exterior / interior), and page numbering.
- The screenplay must assume a low cost for production.